Did you know that in the next decade an estimated 75 per cent of jobs in the fastest-growing industries will need skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)? However, enrolment in STEM subjects has been in steady decline in Australia.
TasICT is passionate about the next generations of ICT professionals and believe partnership between schools and industry will provide opportunities for students to engage with the world of work and better understand the relevance of their learning to jobs and post-school pathways.
TasICT Generations is a free guest lecture program for students between year 7 to 12, that aims to inspire and encourage young Australians to enrol in STEM subjects and improve their digital literacy. Events showcase the local ICT industry as a future employer and provide participants with a deeper knowledge of the skills they will need for the jobs of tomorrow.
TasICT Generations Program:
- Encourages students to study STEM subjects and pursue Digital Literacy
- Inspires the development of skills needed for the workforce of the future
- Highlights the effect of digital transformation across all sectors of our economy
- Showcases the interconnectivity of technology to all industries
- Illustrates the importance of preparing to work in a digital world
- Provides students a direct link to the local ICT industry